I want to thank You for life and health and strength. Thank You for allowing me to see another birthday. I am very grateful for all of the many blessings You have bestowed upon me this year. Thank You for all of the amazing new people you have brought into my life these last 12 months. Thank You for all of the people that have stayed in my life and for removing people from my life that were stunting my growth. I am so grateful for my loving, supporting family and friends. Thank You for progress, growth, and maturity. Thank You for the progress I have seen in my personal relationships. I ask Your continued blessings throughout this next year of my life and I thank You in advance for all the amazing things that will happen to me before my next birthday.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
So, I've been reminiscing a lot lately with my friends, both from home and from school and I've come up with all of these things that I miss about my past. I grew up in Chicago a.k.a. The Best City Ever. I went to elementary school with some of my best friends in the world. Now, I'm at Yale with some of my new best friends. All in all, I've made memories with all of them and I wanted to share those by talking about things that I miss.
So, I miss...
So, I miss...
- running home before the street lights came on
- walking through Leclaire Courts going nowhere
- walking to the corner store for a bag of chips and a quarter juice
- chips actually costing a quarter!
- penny candy at the candy lady
- hiding Flamin' Hot Cheetos and Hot Crunchy Curls in my desk
- putting chips in balled-up paper and passing them to my friends
- passing notes in class and all of my friends writing in different colors
- "Will you be my girlfriend?" notes with the yes, no or maybe boxes
- Daily Oral Language (DOL) and Daily Oral Math (DOM)
- bag lunch for field trips
- Sour and dill pickle with a bag of Flamin Hots
- water fights in the back of Quentin's house
- Precious's house parties
- Melissa braiding my hair
- parents randomly showing up at school
- Simone's mom bringing her lunch every day
- Pizza parties every Friday in 6th grade
- snowball fights until my fingers went pale and numb
- being the "Board Eraser"
- saying the Pledge of Allegiance every single morning
- trying out for the cheerleading teams without learning how to do cartwheels
- waiting for the 2:30 bell to ring
- "Bethel! What's the answer to #4?"
- Life is like a roller coaster.....
- awards assemblies every marking period
- the 60/20 schedule. Who thought of that ish???
- not going past the red poles
- fried salami and cheese sandwiches at Alante's before cheerleading practice
- watching 2 episodes of Arthur after school
- watching Recess during One Saturday Morning
- Family Matters on TGIF
- Free and AJ on 106 & Park
- Child's Play movies every Halloween
- Are You Afraid of The Dark?
- The Secret World of Alex Mac
- learning how to ride a back at the age of 12 (don't judge me!)
- Magic Schoolbus
- Where in the WORLD is Carmen Sandiego??? (Seriously, I still don't know where she is)
- The Wild Thornberry's (a.k.a. The McDows)
- only having a dollar at McDonalds and sharing a cheeseburger with 4 people
- going out EVERY weekend freshman year
- "I have crushes..."
- wearing stilettos to every party
- running from the boys throwing eggs on Halloween
- new outfits for my birthday
- one bus to Ford City
- Air Force Ones costing $50
- catching 3 buses to church
- Friday night choir rehearsal
- racing across the parking lot